Ducati has finally unveiled their most unexpected motorcycle – the Desert X. This adventure bike has obtained inspiration from their Paris-Dakar days. The 2022 edition is totally focused on a tourist bikes.
The Desert X will be placed below the brand’s Multistrada series. But it will be seen more like an adventure sportbike. The company claims that the brand has worked on tones of attributes to make the Desert X suitable both on the road and off the road.
Engine efficiency: The Desert X is created with a brand new steel trellis chassis. It got an updated 937 cc engine. The same engine has a six-speed gearbox.
Fork: This Ducati is furnished with Kayaba 46mm single fully-adjustable fork at the rear and upside-down forks at the front. The bike receives 21-inch spoke wheels at the front and 18-inch at the rear, due to its enduro positioning.
- The Desert X has pre-built six modes among them two have been specifically designed for off-road use.
- There are a lot of electrical aids on the bike.
- There are several traction control systems, cornering wheelie control, ABS, cruise control, and a quick-shifter.
- Ducati has put the bike with LED lights that make it look more tempting.
- The TFT screens are positioned vertically on the Desert X to make it more user-friendly.
What is to be expected in India?
Globally, Ducati Desert X has launched in three variants – Black Star, Dark, and S.
The Black Star features a pretty black and silver color, with a red line dividing the two colors.
The Dark features a matte black color.
The ‘S’ variant is quite cool with the silver highlights on the spoke wheels.
The Desert X will be launched in India sometime next year and expect it to be priced at Rs 11 lakh (ex-showroom), but the Coors is still to be decided.